1. Papier Mache ball from craft shop. Any size it doesn’t matter.
2. A magazine, a sheet of paper, what ever colour you want. I went for gold or blue.
1. So I started with a single sheet of paper. I happen to have a circular cutter where I cut out approx 20 2 inch circles. Now you can draw round a circular shape and then cut out with scissors, as the edges do not have to be perfect. The key thing is to keep the discarded section that has the circular holes in.
2. Cut the discarded section into bits, as we’re going to use the left overs first as the base for the ball.
3. Organize the sections and the circles ready for glueing.
I also had a lollipop / popsicle stick to help stick down the edges of the paper.
4. Hold the ball in one hand and add glue with the other.
Then start added the paper scraps first. I glued a line around the whole of the ball.
5. Then I added the circles on top. If you do the circles first you get all these little spaces and I found I was wasting paper by trying to cover them up. Add the scraps first then the circles filled the globe.
I merged the edges to the ball with the stick.
6. I made sure all the ball was covered and then left it for an hour. I then went over the edges again with the stick or pushed them down with my fingers.
7. I left the ball overnight to dry. Next is to cover the whole ball in varnish. You need to cover the ball in varnish, leave it to dry then add another layer. I’m doing about 5-8 layers. I’ll post the images once I’m done.